Most important changes:
- Rails 7 support
- Vue 3 support in
matestack-ui-vuejsships all you need to build reactive UIs in pure Ruby orchestrating prebuilt Vue.js components with a simple Ruby DSL.
The prebuilt reactive components built on top of Vue.js are covering typical features of a reactive web UI, such as async form submission, dynamic page transitions or async partial UI updates. No Opal involved
matestack-ui-vuejshelps Rails developers creating modern, reactive web apps while focusing on simplicity, developer happiness and productivity:
- Use Ruby’s amazing language features while creating your UI
- Skip using templating engine syntax and write pure Ruby instead
- Create a single application, managing the full stack from database to a reactive UI in pure Ruby
- Drastically reduce the complexity of building reactive web applications
Why? Because Ruby is just beautiful! More Ruby = More developer happiness = Higher productivity
Additionally, most of
matestack-ui-vuejsdoes not require Action Cable or Redis, but can optionally use the power of these tools.
matestack-ui-vuejsis tested against:
- Rails 7.0.1 + Ruby 3.0.0 + Vue.js 3.2.26
- Rails 6.1.1 + Ruby 3.0.0 + Vue.js 3.2.26
- Rails 6.1.1 + Ruby 2.7.2 + Vue.js 3.2.26
- Rails 126.96.36.199 + Ruby 2.6.6 + Vue.js 3.2.26
- Rails 188.8.131.52 + Ruby 2.6.6 + Vue.js 3.2.26
Rails versions below 5.2 are not officially supported.
Vue.js 2.x is supported when using the Compat build of Vue.js
Start right away and install
matestack-ui-vuejson top of your Rails app, or read something about the features below.