Welcome to Matestack
Version 3 of all Matestack Gems were released in February 2022
Most important changes:
- Rails 7 support
- Vue 3 support in
Matestack - a UI framework for Rails - enables Rails developers to craft maintainable, component based web UIs in pure Ruby. UI code becomes a native and fun part of your Rails app.
Why? Because Ruby is just beautiful! More Ruby = More developer happiness = Higher productivity
Matestack currently offers three open source Ruby gems:
matestack-ui-coreships all you need to to craft maintainable, component based web UIs in pure Ruby.
- Compatible with any styling and reactivity system, including Hotwire and StimulusReflex for example
- You have to take care of reactivity and styling yourself
matestack-ui-vuejsships all you need to build reactive UIs in pure Ruby orchestrating prebuilt Vue.js components with a simple Ruby DSL
- prebuilt reactive components covering typical features of a reactive web UI, such as async form submission, dynamic page transitions or async partial UI updates
- highly extensible via pure Vue.js if required
- You have to take care of styling yourself
matestack-ui-bootstrapships all you need to build beautiful, reactive UIs in pure Ruby and smart CRUD components based on Bootstrap v5.
- Don't think about reactivity and styling anymore, just create admin or application UIs faster than ever before!
Share feedback, get support and get involved! Join our growing community, get to know the core team and learn how to contribute in order to make Matestack better every day!
Read more about the Ecosystem and jump into the install guides of the separate Gems from there!